The last holidays of the year are almost here. Because many people have time off work, many will travel to see loved ones, friends, and family members. During these December celebrations, many people will enjoy their favorite cocktails or alcoholic beverages while in good company. While these moments can create a lifetime of memories, they can also lead to DUI arrests if individuals do not refrain from driving after consuming alcohol.
In fact, during the holiday season, many law enforcement agencies increase their efforts to stop drunk drivers by taking the following actions:
- Increase the number of checkpoints
- Expedite field sobriety test procedures
- Increase the number of officers patrolling the streets
To avoid a DUI arrest this holiday season, consider the useful tips our Connecticut DUI defense lawyers have listed below:
- If you choose to enjoy alcoholic beverages during a holiday celebration, contact a taxi or an Uber service to pick you up and deliver you home safely.
- Make prior arrangements by contacting a friend or loved one to drive you home after drinking.
- Book a hotel or motel room within walking distance of the venue.
- Designate a responsible friend or family member who will refrain from drinking and can drive you home once the celebration concludes.
Have You Been Arrested for a DUI Offense? You Need Legal Representation Immediately
After a DUI arrest, it is important you retain legal advocacy from an experienced DUI defense lawyer right away. Your rights and future may be at stake. At The Sills Law Firm, our Connecticut DUI defense attorneys understand that many law enforcement officers can grow overzealous during the holidays, leaving innocent drivers at risk for life-changing charges. That is why when working with our team, we will provide you with top-tier representation every step of the way and will do everything in our power to protect your future.
For your free consultation, contact our Connecticut DUI defense lawyers today! We are backed by over 64 years of collective experience!