Driving an Unregistered Vehicle

Driving an Unregistered Motor Vehicle

Call for a FREE Case Review with a Connecticut Traffic Ticket Attorney

Annually-renewed auto registration is required for Connecticut drivers to legally operate their vehicles. If you are caught driving without valid vehicle registration by the Connecticut State Police, you can face a fine of between $150 and $300 and a potential suspension of your driver’s license. You may even have your vehicle impounded until you can show valid registration.

If you have been pulled over and cited for driving an unregistered vehicle, don’t pay your ticket without consulting an experienced traffic ticket defense attorney at Tomeo Sills, LLC. We serve clients throughout Connecticut from six convenient office locations in Hartford, Waterbury, Norwich, New London, Pomfret Center, and Westport.

Call (844) 913-7747 now to speak with an attorney.

What Can Get You a Ticket for Driving an Unregistered Vehicle?

The following circumstances are infractions against Connecticut General Statute Section 14-12:

  • A person registers a vehicle that he or she does not own or operate
  • A person operates an unregistered motor vehicle or allows someone else to operate the unregistered vehicle
  • A person fails to renew their vehicle registration before the expiration date
  • A Connecticut resident uses license plates issued by another state

If you’ve received a ticket, don’t lose hope – there are legal defenses that may apply to your case. When you consult a Connecticut traffic ticket lawyer at our firm, we can review the facts of your case and determine whether it is in your best interests to fight your ticket.

Don’t Delay – Contact Us Today

The Connecticut traffic lawyers at Tomeo Sills, LLC have extensive experience defending clients cited for a wide range of traffic infractions in Connecticut. With hundreds of satisfied clients and a reputation for tough advocacy, you can trust in our team to pursue any available avenue to protect you and your driving privileges.

Fill out an online consultation form to tell us about your case. We will be in touch with you shortly.