The last holidays of the year are almost here. Because many people have
time off work, many will travel to see loved ones, friends, and family
members. During these December celebrations, many people will enjoy their
favorite cocktails or alcoholic beverages while in good company. While
these moments can create a lifetime of memories, they can also lead to
DUI arrests if individuals do not refrain from driving after consuming alcohol.
In fact, during the holiday season, many law enforcement agencies increase
their efforts to stop drunk drivers by taking the following actions:
- Increase the number of checkpoints
- Expedite field sobriety test procedures
- Increase the number of officers patrolling the streets
To avoid a DUI arrest this holiday season, consider the useful tips our
Connecticut DUI defense lawyers have listed below:
- If you choose to enjoy alcoholic beverages during a holiday celebration,
contact a taxi or an Uber service to pick you up and deliver you home safely.
- Make prior arrangements by contacting a friend or loved one to drive you
home after drinking.
- Book a hotel or motel room within walking distance of the venue.
- Designate a responsible friend or family member who will refrain from drinking
and can drive you home once the celebration concludes.
Have You Been Arrested for a DUI Offense? You Need Legal Representation
After a DUI arrest, it is important you retain legal advocacy from an experienced
DUI defense lawyer right away. Your rights and future may be at stake.
At Tomeo Sills, LLC, our Connecticut DUI defense attorneys understand
that many law enforcement officers can grow overzealous during the holidays,
leaving innocent drivers at risk for life-changing charges. That is why
when work with our team, we will provide you with top-tier representation
every step of the way and will do everything in our power to protect your future.
For your free consultation,
contact our Connecticut DUI defense lawyers today! We are backed by over 45 years of collective experience!