On Thursday, Connecticut’s high court ruled that the death penalty
which has been put at end for future crimes will not change the sentence
of inmates already on death row. Given below is the list of the 11 convicted
killers who had been facing execution orders in the state:
- 30-year-old Lazale Ashby will be executed for the rape and murder of his
21-year-old neighbor, Elizabeth Garcia. The incident happened on 2nd of
December in the year 2002.
- 52-year-old Steven Hayes killed and sexually assaulted Jennifer Hawke-Petit
and also killed her daughters, 11-year-old Michaela and 17-year-old Hayley.
The incident happened in the year 2007 on 23rd of July.
- 68-year-old Robert Breton is facing the execution order for beating and
stabbing his 38-year-old ex-wife and their 16-year-old son in Waterbury.
The murder happened on 13th of December in the year 1987.
- 35-year-old Jessie Campbell III was convicted of shooting 20-year-old LaTaysha
Logan and 18-year-old Desiree Privette to death, and shooting of Privette’s
aunt, Carolyn Privette. The murder was done in the year 2000 on 26th of August.
- 46-year-old Richard Reynolds murdered the Waterbury police Officer, Walter
T. Williams, in the year 1992 on 18th of December. Reynolds was involved
in the wrongdoing as a New York City crack dealer when the murder was
- 36-year-old Todd Rizzo murdered 13-year-old Stanley Edwards on 30th of
September 1997. Rizzo took him to his backyard to hunt snakes, then hit
him 13 times with a sledgehammer.
- 53-year-old Sedrick “Ricky” Cobb raped and murdered 23-year-old
Julia Ashe of Watertown in the year 1989 on 16th of December. The incident
happened when he worked as a Naugatuck delivery man.
- 35-year-old Joshua Komisarjevsky was convicted of the Cheshire killings
as an accomplice to Hayes and sexual assault of Michaela Petit.
- 43-year-old Russell Peeler Jr. was convicted of ordering the killings of
8-year-old Leroy “B.J.” Brown Jr. and his mother, Karen Clarke.
The murder was done in the year 1999 on 7th of January. It was believed
that the boy saw the fatal shooting of Clarke’s boyfriend due to
which he ordered to kill him so no one was left to witness his crime.
- 50-year-old Richard Roszkowski shot 39-year-old ex-girlfriend, Holly Flannery,
her 9-year-old daughter, Kylie, and 38-year-old Thomas Gaudet. The shooting
was done on 7th of September in the year 2006 and all the victims died.
- 53-year-old Daniel Webb kidnapped and murdered 37-year-old Diane Gellenbeck,
who was a Connecticut National Bank vice president.
News Source: www.ABCNews.go.com